Saturday 2 April 2011

Perodua Myvi Ezi Review

Perodua Myvi Ezi Review

Interior

Reason of buying

I was buying my first car. With a 50K budget, I surveyed the market and concluded the best buy would be a Myvi
Despite its petite look, Myvi actually has spacious headroom and legroom. This translate into a comfotable seating with ample space between your head and the roof, and sufficient room for you to stretch your legs.
Luggage volume is small, but should be suffice for normal day-to-day family's chores. Myvi is a joint development between Perodua and Toyota (strikingly resembles Toyota Passo), so build quality should not be an issue.
Myvi is a tall car in its category (1 foot taller than Wira), the headlights are big in propotion to its size. The overall design is simple yet stylish, which makes a right choice for a minimalist like me.

Interior

Intuitive buttons, knobs and dials placement, all within easy reach of your hands. Unfortunately, my little Myvi comes with a faulty CD player, after inserting a disc, it will try reading it for about 5 seconds before displaying "ERROR" on the LCD panel and eject the CD. Upon reaching the 1st service mileage of 1000km, I sent my Myvi to an authorized service center, they extracted the CD and sent to Perodua for a free replacement.

Engine Performance

Myvi is powered by a 1300cc engine, But it's quite responsive. With just a gentle push on the fuel pedal, the engine will react promptly and deliver good acceleration at low gears. My Myvi comes with auto transmission, the gear change is very smooth and quiet, under normal condition, the car will be running with top gear when reaching 50/60 Kmh.

Fuel Efficiency

It cost me about RM60 (RM1.8 per liter) to fill up an empty tank. And for that amount of petrol, I can travel up to 560 KM to make the tank empty again.
Having said that, Myvi is really a fuel efficient car.
However, fuel eficiency is a very subjective thing, people with different driving habits will yield different result. The common advice is : be gentle to the fuel pedal :)
The above test results based on 80:20 highway/town driving ratio. Average speed between 90 - 100 KMh on the highway
For a more realistic 50:50 highway/town ratio, I used to get around 450KMh.

Road Handling

Normally, a tall car has a taller Center of Gravity, which makes road gripping a tall order, especially when doing cornering or riding at high speed.
I drove a Wira before Myvi, when cruising beyond 100kmh, Wira low-body architecture still keeping it rather stable. When driving Myvi up to the same speed, I was expecting some jerky feedback from the car. But suprisingly, Myvi's stability is on par with Wira, I can clearly feel that the vehicle is gripping firmly to the road.
Moving up to 120Kmh, I can feel some jerk kicking in, but is still within acceptable level. Upon reaching 135 kmh, the jerk start to amplify, prompting me to slow down. Therefore 135Kmh is my recorded max speed on Myvi.
On the other hand, Myvi handles cornering at ease. I have no problem keeping the vehicle well above 60kmh (and still feeling safe and comfortable) when riding on most of the flyovers along major highways. I've to slow down only at some very steep bend.
One thing worth mentioning, which I guess many Myvi owners have experienced it sometimes. When heavy vehicle like buses or 16 wheels trucks brush past Myvi at high speed, the car tend to sway left and right , like a coconut trees swaying in strong wind :)

No comments:

Post a Comment